- On-the-job training and experience in planning and executing fundraising events.
- Develop marketing and communication skills related to non-profit fundraising events and projects.
- Learn employer expectations for workplace behaviors and gain knowledge and experience on functioning and mission of non-profit organization.
Exciting event coordinator internship offering real-world experience in helping to plan and execute HomeAid’s major social and fundraising event, and several smaller events throughout the year. Position allows for great creativity and flexibility in carrying out the duties needed to ensure successful events. Position is responsible for all details of the event that pertain to planning, marketing, hotel/food/beverage, awards presentation, speakers, programs, and on-site logistics. Gain valuable event planning experience in this dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
- Help to plan and coordinate yearly events
- Maintain files, records, and contracts related to all events
- Prepare materials for event committee meetings
- Track attendees, sponsors, vendors and others for all events
- Update all marketing and communications activities related to events
- Attendance at periodic events is required
- Assist with all HomeAid and community outreach events as needed
- Computer proficient, especially in Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude
- Strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills
How to apply: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; type “Events Internship” in the subject line. Call 571-283-6320 with questions.
Compensation: School credit; letter of recommendation
Availability: Spring, Summer, or Fall