Thanks to you—donors, sponsors and corporate partners in 2012—HomeAid Northern Virginia helped make life a little better for thousands suffering from a homeless situation. Your generous financial support helped us:
- Complete eight projects for local area shelters, benefitting more than 2,110 families and individuals. Your donations helped us provide more than $600,000 in savings to the shelters—funds that they could instead use on food, utilities, childcare, counseling, training and education for residents.
- Break ground on Community Lodgings with Pulte Homes, a 5,752 s.f. project currently valued at $900,000. Upon completion, 40 homeless families will be off the streets and out of the shelters, with a beautiful new place to call to home by early 2013.
- Give away 200 tickets and goody bags to families for an unforgettable night at the Potomac Nationals baseball game—for many, the first baseball they’d ever attended … and for one teenage boy, the opportunity to throw out the first pitch!
- Distribute thousands of work and school clothes and accessories to hundreds of women and children from local shelters at the Women Giving Back (WGB) Store.
- Donate more than 200 gift cards remaining from the 11th Annual HomeAid Gala & Auction to local shelters, which passed them along to families during the holiday season.
- Make a $1,000 donation to Northern Virginia Family Service in appreciation for all the work they do.
- Provide sponsorship support to the Reston Association’s Reston Kid’s Triathlon—a fun day of exercise and spirit for many of our communities’ underprivileged children.
- Recruit seven interns to work at HomeAid and provide invaluable support to our operations.